I was looking through old pictures recently and stumbled upon this little gem…
(I’m wearing the very cool Gap shirt in the middle)
Middle school… What a rough couple of years. The fashion trends that went on in my school were so weird. If you didn’t stay in the loop, you were a dork.
Let me break down a list of trends from my junior high days. I’m not making these up…
- Tying white long sleeve shirts around your waist… I have no idea why (pictured above)
- White eye liner… Yeah I know. So gross. I didn’t participate in this one
- Adidas pull away pants… These were expensive to get but everyone had them. They had to have the red writing on them too. No substitutions.
- Carrying around Gap or Abercrombie bags… I call this a fashion trend because I swear everyone had one and carried it around like a purse
- Self tanner or bronzer make up… We all looked like we had been in Florida for weeks and it was January in Minnesota
- Steve Madden platformed white shoes…I had the extra tall pair
- Anything Abercrombie or Gap… It had to say the name of the store on your shirt somewhere so everyone knew where it was from
- Abercrombie cargo jeans… I wore mine until there were holes in them
- Doc Martin’s… Sandals and boots… I again wore my sandals until they were literally falling apart. My parents wouldn’t let me get another pair
- Tank-ini’s… I know they still have these but I feel like they were the new thing back when I was in junior high.
I’m sure there are more but I think that gives you an idea of how lame we were back then. Ha!
What are some fashion trends you hate to admit you tried in school?